Coity Bach is a family run business and keeps a family.
COITY BACH TERMS &CONDITIONS
Deposits, Balance Payments and Holiday Insurance
When making a booking you will be required to pay a deposit of £200
If you make a booking more than 8 weeks before the holiday date you will be required to pay a Deposit when making the booking and the balance will be due no later than 8 weeks before the holiday is due to start.
If you make a booking within 8 weeks of the start of the holiday you will be required to pay for the holiday in full at the time of booking.
If you actively choose to take out holiday insurance through us it will be arranged by a third party insurance provider (and not by the Owner, nor by us or any other agencies or member(s) of our group); the cost of the holiday insurance (if selected) will also be payable at the time of booking.
We reserve the right (on behalf of the Owner) to cancel your holiday and re-let any holiday where any payment due is more than 7 days’ late. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to any refund.
The booking fee and Deposit are non-refundable unless we are unable to accept the booking on behalf of the Owner or the Property is unavailable at the time of the holiday (please see section 3).
At certain times of the year you may be eligible to secure your next holiday with a deposit which is less than the standard Deposit (of 1/3rd of the total accommodation cost). If eligible, we will give you details of any applicable terms before, or when, you make your booking.
Owner unable to make the Property available
If the Owner cannot make the Property available to you for your booking we will try to find you suitable alternative accommodation or we will arrange a refund from the Owner of all amounts you have paid towards the accommodation cost. We will not be responsible to pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event. The booking fee will be non-refundable in these circumstances as we will have performed our services to you at the point of booking.
You will ensure that you and all Holidaymakers will:
- act responsibly and carefully whilst at the Property, abiding by any property specific house rules and leave the Property, and all things in or at it, in the same state of repair and cleanliness as at the start of the holiday;
- report to the Owner any damage or breakages made during the holiday occupancy and pay for damage (wear and tear accepted);
- not smoke at the Property nor allow anyone else to smoke at the Property;
- not allow more than the maximum number of people or pets to stay at the Property as stated on the Website;
- at all times comply with any applicable laws and local or Government guidance, and ensure that no Holidaymaker or their guests (if allowed at the Property) or pets (if allowed at the Property) do anything which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance;
- not enter the Property before the stated arrival date and time and will leave the Property before the stated departure date and time;
- treat people with respect and not act in a way which is abusive, violent, destructive, menacing, or harassing towards an Owner, any member of their team, any member of the community in which the Property is situated, or any of our employees, directors, consultants or other party acting on our behalf;
- secure the Property (including all windows and doors) whenever leaving the Property.
We the Owner will be entitled to make a reasonable charge where Holidaymakers have failed to comply with these responsibilities. In serious cases, Holidaymakers may have to leave the Property early without any compensation or refund.
Dogs are only allowed at Properties (at an additional charge of £25 per dog) where this is specifically stated in the Property description; additional dog restrictions may be contained in the “Need to Know” section – please read this section carefully.
Registered assistance dogs are allowed in all Properties.
You must notify us of the intended presence of any assistance dogs, with evidence of registration, prior to making a booking.
If any Holidaymaker has an allergy to dogs, please be aware that neither our Owners nor we can guarantee that a dog has not stayed in a particular Property. Neither we nor our Owners can accept responsibility for any suffering which may occur as a result of such animals having been present in a Property.
The following dog terms apply:
- Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in or at the Property;
- Any fouling must be cleared up without delay;
- The dog owner must bring the dog”s bed or basket for sleeping in;
- Dogs must not be left alone in or at the Property or elsewhere at any time;
- Dogs must not lie on beds or furnishings, and hair must be cleared up before departing;
- Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the Property. Failure to do so may incur subsequent charges;
- Young dogs (e.g. puppies less than 6 months’ old) must be declared to us at the time of booking and authorised by the Owner;
- You will be liable for any damage caused by any Holidaymakers’ dogs. Any damage is to be reported to the Owner (or their representative) immediately. Any additional cleaning required, that may incur an additional charge, will be at the Owner”s discretion.
Pets other than dogs may be allowed at the Owner’s discretion. This must be approved prior to making a booking and can be arranged by telephoning the Reservations department.
If you break these terms, the Owner (including their representative) or we may notify you that you have broken these terms and may cancel the booking and ask that the Holidaymakers leave the Property before the end of the holiday period without compensation, or that they pay an additional reasonable charge.
If you cancel prior to the holiday arrival date you may be due a partial refund from the Owner.
The refund will depend on the amount of notice you give us (as agent for the Owner) before the holiday start date.
If section 3 applies you will be entitled to a full refund of the accommodation costs from the Owner. In all other circumstances, the refund will be calculated as follows:
- 21 or less days’ notice – No refund due
- 22-35 days’ notice – 5% of the total accommodation cost
- 36-49 days’ notice – 10% of the total accommodation cost
- 50-63 days’ notice – 30% of the total accommodation cost
- More than 63 days’ notice – your liability to pay the balance will be waived, however, the Deposit will not be refunded. If the holiday was paid in full and more than 63 days’ notice is provided then 2/3rds of the total accommodation cost will be refunded.
For the avoidance of doubt the booking fee and any holiday insurance premium (unless the holiday insurance is cancelled within 14 days of the booking) are non-refundable in all circumstances when you cancel a holiday. The Deposit is non-refundable in all circumstances when you cancel a holiday, unless section 3 applies.
If a refund is due we will aim to return the applicable amount within 10 working days of cancellation.
Where a booking has been taken with a deposit which is less than our standard Deposit (1/3 of the total accommodation cost) and paragraph 3 (Owner unable to make the Property available) does not apply, you will be liable to pay the difference between the reduced deposit and our standard Deposit within 10 days of cancelling the booking.
EACH ALTERATION TO THE BOOKING IS LIABLE TO A £50 MINIMUM CHARGE OR 15% OF BOOKING